Monday, June 28, 2004

Here's something new. I tried audioblogger, and recorded a voicemail message I made with my friend John, an extremely multi-talented guy who can learn to play guitar in about a month, but would rather squander his abilities by becoming (gasp!) a lawyer. I still haven't forgiven him for that.

We laid this track down one afternoon, and decided it was too long for any answering machine, but I still like it. This blues song is scratchy and poorly produced, just like the early works of Muddy Waters. That's Johnny V on rhythm and slide guitar and vocals and yours truly playin' da harmonica and doing background vocals (lyrics in parentheses).

this is an audio post - click to play


Mike Not Home Blues

Well, I... called up Mike this mornin', just to give him a little news
(Yeah, what was you gonna tell him?)
Yeah, I called Mike this mornin', just to give him a little bit o' news... and the schmo wasn't even there
(Yeah, what a schmo)
Well, I got those I-called-up-Mike-on-the-phone-and-I-got-his-answering-machine-message-and-it-took-about-a-half-an-hour-for-it-to-finish-and-he-probably-went-out-drinkin'-last-night-and-that's-why-he-didn't-answer-the-phone-because-he's-sleepin'-'til-two-o'clock-in-the-afternoon-and-now-he's-too-lazy-to-get-up-an'-pick-up-the-phone.... GASP....blues!
(Yeah, I get those every day)
I'm glad this song is over... leave your name and number.
(Da'ssit. Yeah.)

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com