Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Man, I'm nuts. Having time off is too stressful for me. I mean, I've gotten a lot of writing done, and straightened up my place, but that's pretty much it; I feel like I should be doing so much more.

You dream of having free time, and then when you have it you feel like you're wasting it. Or maybe it's me.

Or maybe it's the weather. I was determined to run every day, come hell or highwater, and it seems like we've had both. Yesterday it rained most of the day. I used to love the rain, but now I find it depressing. I didn't move to Southern California to get drenched. The earth can tremble, fine, but not the heavens. I still went out there and trudged a few miles in the downpour. Further proof I'm nuts? Hey, I know a lot of other runners who are more fanatical than me. Yet I didn't see anyone else out there.

Today we reaped the whirlwinds. With clear skies, I thought it would be the perfect time to run out by the beach, but half a mile into a blinding sandstorm, I decided my dedication was deranged. I'll watch Lawrence of Arabia, not live it. That is, if I can get these grains of sand outta my eyes.

I'm looking over the list of things I need to do this week... and the only entry is make a list of things I need to do. Think I'll add relax and don't worry about it, maybe watch some classic movies, like Lawrence of Arabia... or Taxi Driver... but now Travis Bickle's line is running through my head:

"I got to get organizized."

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com