Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nick at work said when he was in the Army, that guys finishing their service would count down the remaining time saying things like, "nine days and a wake-up". Well, all I got left is a wake-up. Tomorrow's my last day. HalleBerryLujah.

Man, I was there too long. I hated the tedium of the job, but most of the people were cool. I'll miss 'em -- Skeeter, Lyssa, Nick, Steve, Clay, Jive Turkey...

Especially Jive Turkey. Here's an exchange we had this week:

JT: THEY'RE NOT BEING FAIR! THIS IS NOT THE DEAL!
M: What?
JT: What?
M: That's what I said.
JT: Right. Why? You didn't hear me?
M: No, I heard you. But the moose up in Canada didn't. Whine it a little louder.
JT: Ohh, don't starting getting uppity with me, now that you're leaving.
M: Yeah, you're right. I totally treated you with a reverent awe until now.
JT: Dammit! I am your superior! (banging desk with fist) You are my subordinate!
M: Bravo. (clapping) I'm sure the moose would enjoy that.

And I'm sure he'll miss me too.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com