Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Cute Girlfriend and I may be facing some trouble with our relationship soon.

We’ve been having an awesome time, whether hanging out at the beach (she looks hot in a bikini), watching DVDs (she likes horror and comedy as much as me) or bouncing around bistros in Hollywood (she’s turned places I used to hate into my new favorite haunts). Even minor setbacks aren’t a big deal because we’re there for each other. (She needs a new car; I need a new job.)

So what’s the problem?

She’s a Mets fan.

Actually, this isn’t a problem for me. I respect my fellow NYers who root for the underdog in our hometown. And since the Mets have been dominating their division all season, I assured her that if they make it to the World Series against anyone but my beloved Yankees, I’d cheer for her team. (Although -- and I may be wrong about this -- but no matter the match-up, I’m pretty sure the American League will destroy the National League. Just don’t tell her that.)

But like most people, my girlfriend sees the Yanks as the evil empire and grew up giving them the Bronx cheer. (Good thing we’re both Jewish, ‘cause otherwise this is a real mixed relationship.) She agreed -- albeit reluctantly -- to root for the Bombers if they face anyone but the Mets in the World Series. We’ll both cheer on New York.

Since my Pinstriped Pals have taken over first place in the AL East, there’s a better chance for another Subway Series: Yankees vs. Mets ’06.

And then this relationship could be in big trouble.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com