Friday, January 05, 2007

Spent the first week of the new year sorting out old papers. I found some of my notes from film school. Our teachers discussed international cinema -- how Kurosawa's Yojimbo and Seven Samurai and Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal influenced American movies like The Pope of Greenwich Village. Apparently all I learned was how to sketch awful puns on these film titles.
(Click on the images to enlarge 'em.)

Which Cape Fear do you like best? The one with Robert Mitchum or Robert DeNiro? Maybe you prefer the Simpsons episode with Sideshow Bob. Personally, I don't think we've explored all the possible variations on that story.

I don't remember much from film school, but it seemed to give me some wacky ideas on wordplay and stunt casting. Imagine this ultimate on-screen dream team:

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com