Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I've said it before -- planning a wedding isn't that hard... if you're good at making decisions. But all too often, there's so many factors to consider.

Take, for example, the idea of a memorial area. We thought it'd be a good idea to have a section devoted to our loved ones who couldn't be with us. With photos. But who? And how many photos?

There's a good picture of me & my dad. And the one of Mom & me in Paris -- that trip meant a lot to her. And then one of them together. When they were younger, or as I remember them later in life?

And then, Adelphia's father. One of him with her? At her bat mitzvah, or more casual as usual around the house?

Should it just be parents? 'Cause I was close with my grandmother, who died only a few years ago. I really wish she could've known Adelphia, and she would've loved to be at the wedding. But what about her husband, who died before I was born? And Adelphia's grandparents? And the grandparents on my father's side... I don't even know where to find a good picture of them.

Finally, do we include our dogs? Is that disrespectful to our human relatives? I mean, my Golden Retriever and Adelphia's two dogs were like family to us. It's too many decisions to make.

But it's also been too long since I put up a picture of my best friend here. He may or may not not make it to the memorial, but I miss my Max.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com