Monday, October 13, 2008

So much to update, so little time. All the stories and photos from our honeymoon in Hawaii are starting to become old news. But don't worry, even with the time delay, I'll still be able to accurately describe it all without indulging in hyperbolic embellishments.

But before I talk about surfing 50-ft. waves and BASE-jumping down a volcano, I'll discuss more recent developments while they're still fresh in my mind.

Namely... while I'll miss the button-down stuck-up corporate hell I allowed myself to re-enter, I got another job. A much better job. A writing job. Thank Jebus.

I started last week working on another reality show. Still getting up to speed on the situation.

The upside of it all is pretty obvious -- it's creative, fun, and I'm not surrounded by office drones who stifle me all day while subjecting me to schweet-schmoozing their "Papi". In fact, I'm working with a few friends, and the other people there seem pretty cool, too.

The downside is that it's in Hollywood. My east-side friends are laughing at me finally making it to the 323, but man, sometimes that seems like how many minutes it takes to drive to work.

Even worse is that I get lost around there. We're on one of the studio lots, and while it seems cool that other TV shows are in production next door, I can never figure out if we're next to the "Heroes" building or the "Dexter" one, or behind "Lipstick Jungle". If only a cheerleader, a serial killer or Brooke Shields would give me directions.

And if I do find our building, I get lost inside, too. The way I manage to find my bearings is by following the trail of photos of old actors from Hollywood's Golden Age who made movies here. Most of the buildings on this labyrinth lot are left from those days. Hell, judging from the décor, my office was last renovated when films went to talkies.

Anyway I better get back to work... which means turning left at Cary Grant, a right at Kim Novak and go down the hall past Glenn Ford and around the corner at Rita Hayworth.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com